Collision damage bonuses
Game System: Runequest
Author: Tom Cantine
A character colliding with a surface will suffer more damage with more speed. The following table is derived from the official RQ3 rules for falling damage, but setting damage levels by speed rather than height.
- Damage Equivalent speed Typical situation
- 1D3 1–2 m/SR Walking into wall; tripping over cat
- 1D4 3–4 m/SR Running into wall; falling from 1 m
- 1D6 5–6 m/SR Sprinting into wall; falling from 2–3 m.
- 2D6 7–8 m/SR Trotting horse.
- 3D6 9–10 m/SR Charging horse